[from The Daily Telegraph, 19 Feb 2010] Change is brewing on an Indian tea plantation, where, for the first time, women have power, writes Kate Hodal… A white velvet mist is curling over South India’s Nilgiri Mountains when Selvam Natraj’s morning begins. Shuffling to work in her grey and blue argyle socks, brown loafers, burlap … Read more
A Mantra to Live By
"What do you do?"
"I do it all. A-L-L."
- Dear MSNBC, what happened back there? He's showing chest hair, he speaks English & his name is Russell Brand. Deal entertainment.ie/wtf/Watch-Russ… 6 hours ago
- #Singapore asks Indonesia to name the companies responsible for the Sumatran forest fires creating thick haze in SG edition.cnn.com/2013/06/19/wor… 7 hours ago
- Insightful #BBC magazine piece on why so many of the #UK's missing children are Vietnamese bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-… 7 hours ago
- #China preps for the summer solstice with a much-maligned dogmeat festival in #Guangxi province. via @muskhalili guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun… 8 hours ago
- Ancient lizard that roamed #Burma 36m years ago named 'Barbaturex morrisoni' after old "Lizard King" Jim Morrison reptilechannel.com/reptile-news/2… 1 week ago