It never promised to be a revolution. But Saturday’s election did wobble the 50-year-stronghold of Singapore’s People’s Action Party and acted as a watershed in this normally staid city-state. Singaporeans have been ruled by the one-party PAP — or People’s Action Party — since independence in 1965. Founded by Lee Kwan Yew and now presided … Read more
A Mantra to Live By
"What do you do?"
"I do it all. A-L-L."
- Nearly 1yr after urging investors off #Burma's oil&gas company, #ASSK says she'll be attending oil+gas summit in YGN prlog.org/12140825-aung-… 2 hours ago
- State of emergency extended in #Meiktila; 7 Muslims charged with death of Buddhist monk in #Burma mizzima.com/news/inside-bu… @MizzimaNews 1 day ago
- #Indonesia hopes upcoming Miss World contestants will respect country's morals & "not wear bikini" HT @zenjournalist thejakartaglobe.com/news/jakarta/n… 1 day ago
- Supervisor in #Singapore caught on camera slapping employee; said he was just trying to "nurture him" scmp.com/comment/blogs/… @mrbaopanrui 2 days ago
- RT @laurencro: 3G connection not great but here is the scene of factory roof collapse #cambodia http://t.co/EYwGx1L0Bs 1 week ago